Tips to help with your Embassy Calls
By Steven Thompson of TDAG
Dear Friends of Dolphins:
There we sit at home, 1000’s of miles away from Taiji, the hunt is going on LIVE…What can you do?
Call your local embassy or consulate. They are your official connection to Japanese policy. It is the official policy of the Fisheries Ministry, the Wakayama Gov’t, and Taiji city to kill thousands of dolphins whether people eat them or not.
But what can you say to the person on the phone?
Speak from your heart…try not to be abusive or bullying.
You could ask whether people actually eat dolphins in Japan or are they just ground up and turned into fertilizer or pet food? You could ask any question you like to try to understand and get the official thinking about things too.
If it is night time, you must decide for yourself whether the emergency option will help save dolphin lives.
The embassy approach involves engaging Japanese officials to make them aware of how widespread the support for dolphins is. Japan is the only advanced country to eat dolphins.
If you were an embassy staff worker and you got a call about a subject you didn’t know was happening in your own country, what would you like to know?
The captive industry is another important aspect but it’s not my forte…others may have an idea of how to approach this with embassy staff…
I stick to the kills. I appeal to let baby dolphins and the pregnant dolphins free from a hunt that is going on in real time. This has proven to be the only issue to actually get results. Our appeals have actually made this happen. The embassy officials actually have some power to make this happen.
The officials can call the Taiji Hunter’s Union, Gyo Gyo Kumiai, aka Isana Kumiai. (Kumiai is union) You can give them the telephone number: 81 (Japan code) 73-559-2340. If you don’t speak Japanese, I don’t recommend calling the hunters if you can’t speak Japanese. I don’t recommend harassment.
Source: Save Misty the Dolphin
Tips to help with your Embassy Calls by Steven Thompson of TDAG
- Taiji Japan Doesn’t Just Slaughter Dolphins (championsforcetaceans.com)
- Found Image 1: Stop the Taiji Slaughter (argumentandimage.wordpress.com)
- The Sadness and Beauty of Taiji (treehugger.com)
- Taiji, Japan Holds Security Drill To Prep For Dolphin Hunt Activists (treehugger.com)
- The Cove Slaughter resumes September 1, take action: participate, sign petition, send sample letter (ourcompass.wordpress.com)
- Did You Miss the Show? #TheCove (holisecleveland.wordpress.com)
- #Seattle, Washington Stands Up for the Dolphins of #Taiji #Wakayama (holisecleveland.wordpress.com)
- The #Taiji Dolphin Killing Drives and “Countdown to #TheCove” (holisecleveland.wordpress.com)
- Countdown to #TheCove Telephone Protest (holisecleveland.wordpress.com)
- Action Alert – Tell your Japanese Embassy to End Research Whaling (holisecleveland.wordpress.com)